#costumereveal Clues Explained!
31 Oct, 2010
Well as many of you know by now my costume for this years Creative Fear is Biggs Darklighter.
More than Biggs, my costume is a 7 foot X-Wing Fighter Jet and a little R2 unit.
Over the course of the week leading up to theparty I dropped clues for those of you desperate to know what awesome costume I picked out for the party.
Here are the explanations for the clues I left.
1. Gregory Pike can’t wait for Creative Fear. It’s gonna be like old times!
In the A New Hope (henceforth referred to as ‘the movie’ since he was only in one) Luke and Biggs exchange the following words:
LUKE: Hey Biggs, I told you I’d make it someday.
BIGGS: It’ll be like old times, Luke. They’ll never stop us.
2. Magnum PI is a bit of an inspiration
Magnum PI is know for his mustache. So is Biggs.
3. Gregory Pike just rewound his VHS. Can’t seem to get that big fella to eject
My first Star Wars video collection was on VHS. I’m sure most people can say the same.
In the attack on the Death Star he tells Porkins to “Eject!” as his X-Wing is about to crash. Porkin’s was a big fella. Check out one of the later clues.
4. Gregory Pike just joined the academy
Biggs first made his contacts to the Alliance through his friends at the Academy. Luke was supposed to go to the Academy around the time the Empire brutally attacked his home, though his uncle was going to make him stay and help with the moisture vaporaters on the farm.
5. Gregory Pike is not a bad bushpilot imo. You can’t impress everyone though.
Biggs refers to Luke as the best bushpilot in the outer rim territory.While there is no reference to Biggs being a bushpilot directly, it can be assumed since they grew up together, both worked farms, and both had similar ambitions to go to the Academy and join the Rebellion.
In any case, he references bushpilots in the few quotes he has, and he flies an X-Wing in the Rebels last stand at Yavin. He was probably a bushpilot.
6. Gregory Pike is looking for a date for Creative Fear
Sorry ladies, I’m still taken. But Biggs might be available. He’s been carrying around a holographic photo of his dead girlfriend for ages.
7. Three Red Shells
This threw a lot of people off. It was meant to, but it’s meaningful.
Three red shells. Biggs piloted Red Three during the assault on the Death Star.
8. Gregory Pike suspects there’ll be suspicious bouncers at Mardi Gras. They’ll never stop us!
As per clue number 1, Biggs says “They’ll never stop us.”
Tatooine. Biggs’s home world.
10. If someone has been following me these past few days, I can’t see them.
This is another altered quote of Biggs. The actual quote being:
BIGGS: I can’t see it! Where is he?!
11. Orbiting the planet at maximum velocity. The moon hosting Creative Fear will be in range in thirty hours.
As the Death Star approached the Rebel Base at Yavin the Rebel fighters had to be pissing their bright orange pants. They were going to fly tiny one-man X-Wing fighters against a battle station the size of a moon designed to destroy entire planets? If that’s me it might as well be Unicron coming around the corning.
On the Death Star they could hear this:
DEATH STAR INTERCOM VOICE: Orbiting the planet at maximum velocity.
The moon with the Rebel base will be in range in thirty minutes.
This was posted exactly 30 hours before the party (I didn’t figure I’d be online 30 minutes before the party).
12. Gregory Pike can’t wait to hit the Creative Fear Technotronic Dance Floor. Might have trouble shakin’ ‘em though
In the attack on the Death Star the Rebels encountered a small series of Tie Fighters. Biggs gets one on his tail and says:
BIGGS: He’s on me tight, I can’t shake him…I can’t shake him.
13. Gregory Pike is about to drive home. You’ll tell him your Facebook statuses when he gets back. Alright?
Just as the pilots are boarding to attack the Death Star Biggs says:
BIGGS: I’ve got to get aboard. Listen, you’ll tell me your stories when we come back. All right?
14. Gregory Pike was right. Your parents will never let you go to Creative Fear.
When Luke is at the farm with his aunt and uncle early in the movie he references Biggs.
LUKE: It just isn’t fair. Oh, Biggs is right. I’m never gonna get out
15. Uh-oh! Death Star Orbit Yavin
The Death Star approaching Yavin is the precursor to Biggs’s death.
16. A friend of a friend of a friend says there’ll be a party in Bestine the same night as Creative Fear. Choices, choices…
In one of the cut scenes where Biggs and Luke meet in Mos Eisley Biggs says he has a friend who knows someone in Bestine who might be able to get him into the Alliance.
17. Pull and prey? Not at that speed!
BIGGS: Luke, at that speed will you be able to pull out in time?
That’s what she said.
In the back of each of the X-Wing fighters was an astromech droid. I decided that my Biggs would have an R2.
This was meant to lead the guesser towards that fact that I would actually have an R2 and an X-wing.
19. Cover me Porkins!
Yea, this was Biggs’s quote. It worked out well that using this Family Guy video that I didn’t actually have to show Biggs prematurely.
20. Does anyone have a dark lighter for victory cigars later?
The “dark lighter” part was one of the more obvious clues. That’s why it was last.
Also, it’s ironic because Biggs never makes it to the victory celebration.