It’s Movember! Growing a mustache for the month of November
01 Nov, 2010
What is Movember?
Mo’ is slang for mustache. Vember is an important part of November. Hence, Movember.
Okay, clever name and all, but what is Movember?
It’s a fundraiser to raise money (and awareness) for prostate cancer where male participants grow a mustache for the month of November.
All proceeds go to Prostate Cancer Canada.
Why I’m choosing to be a Mo’ Bro’
- Raise awareness about prostate cancer, for those of you who have never heard about it.
- Raise money to aide in the research of prostate cancer.
- I’m curious how I will look if I let it grow out even though it could never amount to the fake Biggs ‘stache I wore at Mardi Gras.
- Anything to help the Leafs score (no goals in their last two games).
- I’m willing to bet, through the torment and ridicule that come from my inability to grow a clean mo’, that I can raise at least $200.
I will be posting a Mo’ Photo every day so you can follow along in my embarrassing during to attempt to grow a Mo’.
How you can help
- Donate via the Movember website
- Download the donation form and mail it using postman and horse
- Become a Mo’ Bro or Mo’ Sista
- Grow a Mo’ – just for fun